Saturday, September 22, 2007

Life is good


When I look back over an entire week, I can't believe how my life has changed over the past 3 months. Take this week for example: on Tuesday I baked a pie (my first!), on Wednesday I dusted off my sewing machine and helped the young men sew hammocks for an upcoming campout, on Thursday I made 5lbs. of Coleslaw, bought 72 rolls at Costco, and set up for enrichment, and on Saturday I decorated this cake at Women's Day. Fill in the other hours with a big dose of Rylee and wow...I am a mom! I mean, obviously I have been a mom for almost four years but I just really feel blessed to be in this new stage of life. For the last 3 years it felt like 80% of my daily efforts went to achieving one big goal that could only be concluded on May 13th, 2007. Now, I feel like 80% of my efforts are for things I can accomplish today/this week/this month. And for now, I like it that way. Life is good!
So about my cake...I hope its easy to tell that its a Winnie the Pooh cake. I came home from Women's Day excited to show Rylee. When I walked in the door Rylan was giving her bath so I told her when she got out, I had a surprise. However, when she finally saw it, she didn't know what it was. I mean, obviously she knew it was Winne the Pooh. But she didn't know WHAT it was (a cake). I think she thought it was just a big plastic version of Pooh because she reached out her hands and tried to pick it up. In other words, she stuck her (freshly bathed) fingers right into the icing! You can imagine her surprise when her fingers sank into Pooh and how when she pulled them out part of Pooh was sticking to her. She gave me this look like "what IS this thing?" However, all was bliss I told her "it is a cake!" So, we had cake for dessert and the rest went to a few neighbors (who now include Lance, Becca and Davis!). Cake AND pie proved to be one too many baked goods for a single week!

2 comments:

Jami & Boys said...

Look at your talents! I love the cake -- it's beautiful. We still need to all get together and make flower arrangements (and maybe a cake too).

Kristi said...

I love that Pooh cake--that cracks me up the Rylee didn't know what it was at first! Man, I bet she was excited to find out it was a cake!