Monday, July 14, 2008

CRL?

So Rylan and I couldn't figure out what CRL meant on our baby ticker; as in the baby is 4 inches "CRL". But we finally figured it out...CRL = "crown to rump length" (since the fetus is curled up it's measured from the top of the head to the "rump"). I thought this was totally adorable! I thought I would clarify this for anyone else with the same confusion. Perhaps this is common knowledge and one would be surprised that we didn't already know this, seeing as how this is not our first baby. However, five years ago when I was pregnant they didn't have fancy baby tickers and blogs or anything!
Also, it has come to our attention that our blog will be undergoing an inevitable name change in the near future. For those who are wondering, no, it will NOT be "R to the 4th"! We could possibly find out if we are having a boy or a girl on August 12th at our ultrasound. We have a few baby names floating around, but one thing is for certain..."R" names are OUT!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Ah ha ha. I didn't know that! Thanks for clarifying.

Karen and Adam said...

I learnt something new today! I had no idea that babies are measured from "crown to rump," although it makes sense since they are curled up. That is so cool that you guys will have a wee one soon, I am sure Rylee is excited to have a little sibling. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, we are excited to see you at the BBQ next month.

Unknown said...

What? I surely would have thought that you'd name your next child Ryan--boy or girl!

Just kidding. I'm with you. We can't haven any more "s"s in our family even though I love the names Sylvia, Skye and Seth. We already sound like a family of snakes every time we are trying to remember who we are talking to. Naomi just calls Sophie and Syrena
"Ssss, Ssss."