Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rylee's Reactions to good news!

Tonight Rylee's prayer was as follows:
Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for daddy getting into dental school. Thank you for us moving to Ohio and not to the lousy place....(not sure where the lousy place is but sure glad we're not moving there!)

That's right folks...Today Rylan was accepted at Case Western School of Dental Medicine! Which means we will be moving to Cleveland in August (unless UNC accepts him on January 31st) and in May 2012 he will be a dentist! HOORAY!

So, after Rylee finished her prayer she wanted to sing "Happy Birthday" (the "you look like a monkey version" of course) to Rylan, which I guess was her way of singing her congratulations...perhaps the way someone might sing "For he's a jolly good fellow".

And when Rylan first told me the news and we proceed to jump around shouting, Rylee started crying because she was scared and thought something horrible had happened.

So anyways...It's just really funny to see kids' reactions to things...not always like you would expect!

Congrats to Rylan! We are so thrilled and excited!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh! That is sooo exciting! Congratulations guys!! I am, of course, still crossing my fingers for UNC, but I am THRILLED for you guys!!!

Angela said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! And I laughed out loud in the library at Rylee's reaction. . .that is too funny!

Daina Romney said...

Rylan I am very excited for you even though it will mean that you are farther away from us. Now how will I stay sane while here in Georgia. Congrats! Cleveland would be a new adventure!

Justesen's said...

Rylan that is so great we are really proud, happy, and excited for you. You've worked hard and you deserve to enjoy this.

Jami & Boys said...

Yeah and darn it all together. Yeah for Rylan getting into Dental school, but darn it that we are going to miss you lots and lots.

Bush's said...

that is awesome! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for UNC! Congrats guys!

Kristi said...

That is so exciting for you guys! Congratulations!