Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas at Grandma Miller's

We celebrated Christmas at my Mom's this year on New Year's Day. This is a tradition we have for years that Lance spends Christmas with Becca's family and we spend Christmas with Rylan's family.


My mom had a 9 1/2 foot real tree this year. (My mom has vaulted ceilings, Luke is on a step stool, and Lance is standing on the floor if that helps give you a visual). She had not bought a real tree in years and even when she did, it wasn't 9 1/2 feet tall. It was beautiful. Rylan and I went over yesterday and carried out to the street for her and I almost burst into tears to see such a gorgeous tree laid to rest. If it could have grown roots we would have planted it in a second.


It was a blast to watch Davis unwrap presents and try to grasp what was happening. Having a toddler around at Christmas always makes things fun!


Rylee's new dollhouse! (see the tree in the background...I wish we
had taken more pictures of it fully decorated!)


Rylee and Davis in the awesome igloo that she got from
Lance, Becca, and Davis for her birthday. Two of the cutest Eskimo's ever!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love reading your blog rach! Man, what an amazing tree! There is nothing like real trees for the holidays. . .I miss you!

Jami & Boys said...

it's nice to prolong christmas like that -- what a good idea!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen your mom's tree! I bet it was amazing.

Daina Romney said...

Hey Guys, I know that Rachael has been tagged before, but maybe Rylan could be tagged this time because I don't have that many blogger buddies to tag. Have a great day!