Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Great Day!

Yesterday was a great day. In addition to finding out about Rylan being accepted in to dental school, Rylee and I enjoyed an afternoon together downtown. First we rode the bus to Franklin Street, which is always an adventure for Rylee. She loves getting to see all of the "tarheels" (aka anyone who is affiliated with the university in anyway whatsoever) and figuring out which stop to get off and how to signal to the bus driver by way of either a pull string or a button strip. I have to admit that I think that most of the tarheels enjoyed seeing her almost as much. I mean, I rode the bus for two years and it was not everyday that you saw such a cute little girl all bundled up and excited for the simple pleasure of riding a bus. Anyways, so we met up with Rylan and enjoyed a family lunch together at Qudoba. Then Rylan left us to hit the books and Rylee and I went to Kidzu, a children's museum downtown. The current theme of the museum is all about castles and all of the different types of artisans that take care of the castle. The museum is not very big but it changes its theme a couple times a year. There was a crafts corner, a dress up station, building blocks, a puppet show, a little garden to "harvest" vegetables and lots of other fun activities. I think the only reason I was able to get her to leave was because she knew that it meant another ride on the bus. So if any of Rylee's friends and moms are looking for an activity since the weather has been so cold recently, we highly recommend Kidzu... and the bus, of course.

Meeting up with Dad!

Doesn't she just blend in with all of the other tarheels?

A chef.

A baker.

A gardener.

A crazy mirror.

A sad little tarheel pretending to be in jail...probably for not wearing her seatbelt! (If I wait 2 seconds before putting on my seatbelt, Rylee insists that a policeman will come and take me to jail!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rach, how much does this place cost? It looks like a lot of fun.