Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Deer Stand

One year ago I started building a tree fort for Rylee over my break. At the time I thought it would only take me a few days...

It turned out to be more challenging than I anticipated. I ran out of days that I had for break and went back to school having only completed the platform. This last year was busy to say the least and I never got around to finishing it. So it sat and sat and sat... My friends called it my deer stand and it was the butt of several jokes. Well, one year later I finally had some free time to finish what I started.
While I was at it, I decided to add a swing set and...

...a fire pit, which we used last night to make smores.

No more jokes at my expense when I start school again on Monday, and Rylee and Landon love it.

4 comments:

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Rylan, the tree house is amazing,Rylee and Landon will have a lot of fun up there. What a great dream for any kid.

Daina Romney said...

we'll be waiting for your next post about Rylee's first broken bone, Just kidding Ry! I think it is great, I would have loved having a hideaway like that as a kid. The kids are already asking when we get to come visit so they can play!!

Justesen's said...

Nice job-the tree fort looks great!! We have projects that take us years so the fact that it only took you one is really pretty good considering your schedule.

Natalie said...

Wow I am so impressed and I don't care how long it took you to build it. That is awesome!