Sunday, March 29, 2009

Family Weekend

This weekend Rylan's parents came from Utah and sister Daina's family came from Georgia. We are always excited to have family come to visit! This visit was extra special because it was the first time everyone got to meet Landon. Until this weekend, the only people outside of our immediate family to meet him were my Mom and my Grandpa Fraser (who recently passed away). So it was fun to pass him around and have him win everyone over with his sweet smiles and coos!

On Saturday Rylan took us on a tour of the Dental School.

I think a real patient would not have been impressed by Rylee's lack of respect for personal space.
Mark, Daina, and Aidan tried on Ry's loupes to get a (much) closer look.

It was fun to see where Rylan spends most of his time...

...and to see him at work!


On Sunday was Landon's blessing. We were so happy to have some or our family in town!
We missed those of you couldn't be here!


The men in our family that participated in the blessing. Thanks guys!
My two guys looking handsome!

My sweet baby boy! My Mom and Dad bought Landon's blessing outfit in Italy the summer before my Dad passed away in hopes that someday one of their grandsons would wear it. And both of my brothers and I were swaddled in this blanket our own blessing days! These two special items really added meaning to the day!
So happy to be a family of four!




After church we had a cookout at our house! Rylan manned the grill as usual!

We just wanted to show our family who could not be here what they are missing! Just kidding...but we do want everyone to know we are willing to cook for anyone who will come visit...family or not!
My mom brought a cake from Whole Foods that was so rich and delicious! It even had Landon's initials, although he wasn't quite strong enough to lift his head up to smile for the photo! Thanks Mom!
It was a great weekend and I could have posted a lot more pictures of everyone taking turns holding Landon and just hanging out but I figured that this was enough pictures for one post. Kenyon, Jaima, Daina, Mark, Aidan and Mairyn: thanks for coming to visit! It was great to see you all and I hope its not too long before we see you again!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Thank you for your hospitality. It was great to be there. We really enjoyed our visit.

Natalie said...

And I was just about to ask where you got his blessing outfit! I guess I am going to have to rule out going to Italy just to get Finley an outfit to wear. David would not go for that! He is adorable. And that cake looks amazing. Glad it was so special.