Monday, March 16, 2009

A really BIG deal!

Landon Kole is now two months old! He weighed in last week at a whopping 13 pounds 11 ounces, putting him in the 90th percentile for weight and the 75th for height. I saw a baby outfit at Costco on Friday that said "I am a really BIG deal" and I thought "this was made for our baby!" I love how healthy and chubby he has gotten except for the fact it feels like I blinked and the newborn stage was over. He has been wearing 3-6 months clothes for almost 2 weeks already. We love all of his chubby rolls and Rylan has nicknamed him "Bubs" and "Chief".
He is such a cuddly little guy. I try to lay down everyday for a nap with him not just because I am tired but because I can get enough snuggle time with this little one. And I know this won't last forever! Speaking of sleeping, Landon has not quiet figured out that it is ok to sleep more at night. I usually get one 31/2 hour stretch and from there it is every 2-3 hours. This is the one area I feel like there is lots of room for improvement. Landon is also a very spitty baby. He is such an enthusiastic eater that I think he overeats and then can't hold it all down! I try what I can to slow him down but it usually doesn't make a difference. We took this picture because we thought it was funny that Landon ALWAYS has on a bib even when he is naked (plus it shows off his fantastic physique he has been working so hard for). The bib is just as necessary as the diaper in order to contain what feels like constant spewing! Landon really began smiling and cooing within the past week and or two. He has a little dimple in his chin which we think is so handsome!

This video clip gets a little long. I haven't figured out how to edit our videos yet but most of the cute stuff is at the beginning ( I mean we think it is all cute of course!).
oops...posted by Rachael...again!

5 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Time sure flies by when you are having fun! That is so awesome that Landon is growing so big. It is always fun watching them grow, but it stinks that they change with the blink of an eye. You will have to give us some pointers for our little guy that is coming, especially with the plumbing. Like you guys, we have had 5 years of girls now so things are going to change come July.

Jami & Boys said...

i love the new picture at the top of your blog and i do love that lil' guy -- thanks for letting me hold him the other day.

Natalie said...

He is so cute! I am so glad we got the chance to meet him the other day!

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Nice post Rachael. He is growing so fast we're afraid he will be tying his shoes before we get there. Tell Rylee we are counting the days til we see her too.

Daybell's said...

OH MY HECK- you guys already have a little man! I can't believe how big he is already. Riley sure looks like a good big sister- We sure do miss you guys! Give them kisses for me, since I can't love them myself!