Sunday, October 24, 2010

We're still here...

Today was the first Sunday since our ward was divided. We have some wonderful new families that have been redistricted for our ward but it is bittersweet because many of our closest friends were also redistricted for another ward. Even though no one has actually moved, I can't help but feel like I am being left behind. Tonight I was looking back at pictures from Halloweens past and I realized that Rylee is the only child left in the Chapel Hill First Ward out of all of the children in these pictures from Halloween 2007. Not all were effected by this particular split, some moved away over the years, and there are many great friends not pictured to whom this applies as well. Nonetheless it is just Rylee left. I guess during this stage of life that may be typical and I can't say I know where we will be in 19 months (who's counting?) when Ry graduates, but still, it makes me feel...sad.

3 comments:

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Know how you feel. Who could have guessed we would be going to Wichita. Things can sure change in a hurry.

Jami & Boys said...

I tell ya, Mebane is needing a Dr. Hansen around here! And you are definitely invited to trick-or-treat in Mebane this year if your heart so desires!

Unknown said...

Man...that was a sad post. I didn't realize Rylee was the only one left of the "old" group.

We love you guys! We can't wait for you to be our neighbors....:)