Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rescue Rodeo


Last week was the annual Rescue Rodeo at Baity Hill. This is when the rescue services from UNC and Chapel Hill come and teach kids about safety. We got to see this "police dog in action"... (that's in quotes because I think that officer just brought his dog from home). Not to say it wasn't a great dog, because it was very nice, but I might not count on him to take out hardened criminals or sniff out any bombs or drugs or anything. But he might lick someone to death.

The fire engines were the star of the show. Nobody really wanted to see inside of the police cars, but now lets be serious does anybody ever really want to see the inside of a police car? "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
The best part of the day was that the police and fire departments had free bike helmets for all of the kids. In all honesty, this was the whole reason for attending the rescue rodeo in my opinion. Rylee was finished looking at the vehicles and the dog in about ten minutes and I had to wait in line for 45 minutes just to get a free helmet. So by the time we actually got the helmet Rylee was tired and didn't even want it. Oh well, I got what I came for.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Justesen's said...

Rylan I am a little concerned about Rylee's apparent obsession with all things fire. Didn't she have a thing for the guy on Sky High who could shoot fire, now one of her favorite songs is "Ring of Fire" and the firetrucks. I don't know it seems to me something you should keep an eye on. Just kidding!! I think it is kind of funny!!

Natalie said...

I would have gone just to see the firefighters. Yum. There is just something about men in uniforms. How cool is it that you got a free bike helmet though?

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Wow Rylee, You just learned to ride a bike not that long ago and now you are driving a fire truck. Way to go! Thanks Rylan for all the tech support, we really are enjoying all the blogs. What a great way to keep in touch with all of our out of state children and grandchildren. Love to all, Mom and Dad

Karen and Adam said...

I can totally relate with the "police dog in action." I felt the same way when we met the "princesses" at Disneyland, they didn't look anything like the cartoons! Way to be dedicated by waiting in line for so long to get a helmet.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Nice reference to the show "COPS"...loved it. I love how Rylee is standing in the picture with the dog. She cracks me up!