Saturday, April 12, 2008

Book Tagged

So, Daina tagged Rachael for this thing, but this is Rylan responding (yes, for the first time! I'm blogging, look I'm blogging! That's a little Bob Wiley for anyone wondering what the heck I'm talking about. Anyway where was I?) So the idea is to grab the closest book to you and turn to page 123 and find the fifth sentence on that page, post it and tag five other people. The closest book to me was Introduction to Genetic Analysis 9th Edition which I am reading right now for Biology 202 (Genetics). It just happens to be one of my all time least favorite books ever! If you haven't read it I definitely do not suggest it, bu dum bum (That's my little "Reading Rainbow" plug-in). It takes an enormous amount of endurance and patience to get used to the language of the book, and I don't mean bad words, I mean boring words. Anyway, the fifth sentence reads, "The normal eye color of Drosophila is red, but strains in which all flies have brown eyes are available." What the heck? Ok, so let's discuss this important part of the book. This is when the book reaches it's climax, it is talking about the wonderful world of Drosophila (that's a species of flies) and the difference in eye color due to mutations. Isn't that exciting! Ok, not really, I understand, that is exactly how I've felt the entire semester. I hope I don't offend any Genetics majors out there, but seriously, NEVER TAKE THIS CLASS!!! Ok, I feel better, that was fun. I guess, I will tag: Karen (or Adam if he is still allowed to blog), Julie (if she still looks at our blog), Jeff Maxwell, Nate Peterson, Byron Kubik, and Phillip Bush (If any of them actually read these things). Well, thank's for your time. I apologize if you don't feel uplifted and inspired to read something. --Rylan

5 comments:

Daina Romney said...

that was really boring! Just kidding! I can't believe that they make people learn stuff like that against their will. Who cares about the color of eyes a fly has! Wow, kudos for making it through this class. Hey I would love to see Adam and Karen's blog. How do I get invited to see it?

Karen and Adam said...

Rylan! You crack me up! I'm afraid whatever I use as a book line will not be as, um, special as yours. Wow. But I did learn something...now I know to look deep into a fly's eyes before I smash it because they do have different colors. Who knew. --Karen

Natalie said...

Ah ha ha. This post cracked me up! So fun.

melissa said...

Hilarious. So Book Tag was supposed to inspire me to open a book and read? Huh. Job well done, Rylan! Off I go to read about gross eye stuff.

Karen and Adam said...

Impressive first blog! After my last post Karen won't let me near the computer. To tell you the truth after we got the knife out of my back I don't want to go near it...I have to sneak away when she is not looking just to peak at out blog.