Friday, August 28, 2009

Rylee's First Day of School!

All ready to go! It was still so early and dark when we left for school that the flash on my camera went off when it was set to Auto. And this is when we left...which was about 35 minutes later than the bus would have picked her up (6:55). That is too early especially since school doesn't start until 7:50 so we are driving Rylee in the morning (carpooling with Axel) and she will ride the bus home in the afternoon.
Looking good with a big girl backpack!
Here comes the bus!
We could see Rylee and Axel waving enthusiastically as the driver pulled up.

Can you tell she was excited? We are so happy Rylee and Axel have become such good friends, are in the same class, can sit together in the bus and carpool. Sometimes things just work out like a dream!
Notice in the pictures after school Rylee is not wearing her backpack. About 30 seconds after I took the last picture I asked "Rylee where is your backpack?" She looked frantically back at the bus as it drove away. Needless to say, I spent the next 10 minutes chasing down the bus in my friend Jill's car. But the backpack was recovered and Rylee went on to tell me she had a great first day. She loves her teacher and we really couldn't be happier with out things have worked out so far! Still...I can't believe my baby girl is already a kindergartner. I got a little choked up after dropping her off and am again as I write this. Its not that I am sad...I am super excited for her! Its just crazy how fast they grow!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww what a big girl! So cute that she left her backpack on the bus too.

Angela said...

so adorable! That's absolutely wild to me that she's in school. Wow. So I didn't make it home to NC for the vacation, but I'll give you a call soon so we can catch up. Love seeing the posts! I miss you!

Kenyon and Jaima said...

We love to so much enthusiasm for learning. We love pictures of our grand-children too !

Karen and Adam said...

That's so funny she left her back-pack! I could totally see Emma doing that. :) Rylee is such a pretty little girl!!!

alananddanielle said...

Wasn't the first day a little bit sad? It was for me with Abigale. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Hope all is well with your little family so far away.