Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rainbow Valley


Rylee and I went to my mom's house three days in a row to play in "Rainbow Valley" (aka the leaves). Rylee enjoyed collecting leaves of various shapes, sizes and colors and arranging them in bowls. She worked hard raking the leaves into a pile and then loved jumping in them. Yesterday the lawn mowers came to mow my mom's yard and took all the leaves with them. Rylee was devastated. It reminded me of when we had to explain to her why snow can't last forever. Luckily, there are still a lot of leaves in the trees so hopefully Rainbow Valley will be back before too long!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Rylee's little personality. So full of questions and energetic! That picture of her jumping into the leaves is hilarious. Glad she got to enjoy them before the mowers.

Justesen's said...

Rainbow Valley looks like so much fun!!

Natalie said...

If only I could look at our yard full of leaves and see fun. Right now, I only see work to be done.

Kenyon and Jaima said...

Children have such descriptive terminology. They say it the way they see it. Rainbow valley brings up a pleasant image. To us it just means a lot of work raking.