Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Highlights from our trip to Utah

We recently went to Utah to visit family and friends. We had a fabulous time! Here were my favorite things about the trip (in no particular order!):
#1: Getting to meet our sweet nephew Jordan for the first time. He was so happy and smiley! Being able to spend time with him made me excited to meet our own little one in a few months!
#2: Visiting Great Grandma Staubus. A few weeks before we left for Utah, Rylan's Grandma had a close call and so we felt blessed that she pulled through! She was as funny and witty as ever!#3: Little to no humidity. We went on picnics and played at the park in the middle of the day. As long as we sat in a shady spot, we felt perfectly comfortable. That never would be possible in NC in August! #4: Visiting and playing with cousins and Grandma and Grandpa! Especially when Grandma stepped in the pool and everyone soaked her!
#5: Our trip to Bear Lake! According to Daina and Rylan (who grew up regularly going to Bear Lake) the water was warmer that day than ever before! As an east coast girl, this mountain lake was still felt freezing, but we had a blast! The lake is so blue and beautiful, unlike many of NC's brown lakes! The icing on the cake was that Mark and Daina rented a jetski. I love those things! Rylee even rode it and loved it. Ry drove her around as fast as he drove with me and she was not scared at all!

#6: Getting family pictures taken. It was the first time the entire Kenyon Hansen family had all been together in 2 1/2 years. #7: Playing Rockband with Tyler and Tara! We always have fun with T&T! They have a 4 year little girl too, so Rylee and Breklynn played while the "grown ups" played! I had never played Rockband before and wasn't sure it was my thing...until I got that drumstick in my hand! Then I was sold! I also liked the guitar but the drums were my favorite! Rylan liked doing vocals and guitar. Some times it just feels good to release your inner rockstar!
#8: A party with friends and family! Rylan's parents knew how many people we usually have to cram in visits with when we come . So they got tons of great food and threw a party and Ry was able to invite his friends. We really appreciated this because it really took the pressure off the rest of the trip. Here is Ry with Thomas and Adam, his best friends from high school. We had a great time and it was fun to see everybody!

As you can see, we had a fantastic trip. And I didn't even include everything. I am glad I posted this because it reminded me of what a great time we had and how blessed we are with good family and friends, even though we don't get to see many of them as often as we would like! Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to go again.




6 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't believe Rylee wasn't scared of the jet ski. What a brave little girl.

Karen and Adam said...

I agree with your last comment, hopefully it won't be to long until we get to see you guys again. It was fun reminiscing about all the good old times and how I can make people laugh with all my embarrassing moments. Good luck with dental school this fall.

Daina Romney said...

How did I miss my mom in the pool with the little kids getting soaked? I always miss the good stuff! Just kidding! It was fun seeing you guys. We need to plan a time when we can come for a visit. When does Rylan finish dental school? Just kidding!

Daybell's said...

Hey that was a lot of fun seeing you guys and playing a little Rock and Roll. Hope all is going well. Breklynn misses Rylee and calls her on her fake cell phone almost every day. I think it is safe to say they had as much fun together as we did.

melissa said...

I heart RockBand, too! Very impressive that you took to the drums. I can't keep a beat to save my life, it turns out. i don't know if you know this, but we actually live in Utah. Next time you visit, give us a call! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Riley's carolina outfit! I wish summers in NC were like they are in Utah!! Every time I go outside I feel like I'm sweating, ugh. I'm sure it's even worse for you my pregnant friend!! Looks like you all had a good time.