Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our word girl!


Yesterday at dinner Rylee pronounced the word "Cumbersome". Not sure she even knew that cumbersome was, in fact, a real word, I asked her "Rylee did you know that is really a word?" To which she insisted "Yesss." So I said, "Well, do you know what it means?" She replied confidently "It means hard to handle." We laughed and were blown away that her definition was more accurate than the one word definition I was going to give her (difficult)! She then explained she learned this from Word Girl on PBSkids.org. We love being surprised by Rylee's intellect!

4 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Thanks for the update! You gotta love the things kids say that put a smile on your face. While Rylee is learning words like “cumbersome,” Emma is learning things like “what in tarnation.” I guess we need to work on building a better vocabulary for our girls. Well keep the posts coming, we love to see what is going on in NC.

Natalie said...

What a smart little girl!

melissa said...

I just told Jeff this story and he did a spit take. Go Rylee! I'm pretty sure her amazing preschool has helped her become a genius. We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Go Rylee!